Administering VONVENDI® [von Willebrand factor (Recombinant)]
Tips for using VONVENDI4
- Always follow the specific instructions given by your healthcare provider. The steps listed below are general guidelines for using VONVENDI [von Willebrand factor (Recombinant)]. If you are unsure of the procedures, please call your healthcare provider before using.
- Call your healthcare provider right away if bleeding is not controlled after using VONVENDI.
- Your healthcare provider will prescribe the VONVENDI dose that you should take. If this is your first infusion to control a new bleeding episode, and if recombinant factor VIII is needed, be sure you also have the correct dose of recombinant factor VIII as instructed by your physician.
- Your healthcare provider may need to take blood tests from time to time.
- Talk to your healthcare provider before traveling. Plan to bring enough VONVENDI for your treatment during this time.
- Dispose of all materials, including any leftover reconstituted VONVENDI product, in an appropriate container.
See below for step-by-step instructions for reconstituting and administering VONVENDI.
You should only infuse VONVENDI at home after training from a healthcare provider or a hemophilia treatment center.
Download instructions for infusing VONVENDI
For detailed, step-by-step instructions on reconstituting and infusing VONVENDI using the MIX2VIAL device, watch the video below or download the step-by-step reconstitution and administration guide.
Rx only. For safe and proper use of the Mix2Vial device, please refer to the instructions for use.
*Mix2Vial is a registered trademark of Medimop Medical Projects Ltd.