An rVWF to treat and control bleeding
VONVENDI® helps support Your Blood Clotting Process4
VONVENDI [von Willebrand factor (Recombinant)] is infused intravenously into the blood stream, where it acts like the body’s own naturally occurring VWF would.
At the site of injury, it works to help stick blood proteins called platelets to the wall of the blood vessel. As the platelets form a clot, VONVENDI holds the clot to the injured wall of the blood vessel.
VONVENDI also helps keep factor VIII, another blood protein needed for proper clotting, from breaking down too quickly to work effectively.
Selected Important Risk Information
You should tell your healthcare provider if you:
- Have or have had any medical problems.
- Take any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements, or herbal remedies.
- Have any allergies, including allergies to mice or hamsters.
- Are breastfeeding. It is not known if VONVENDI passes into your milk and if it can harm the baby.
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not known if VONVENDI can harm your unborn baby.
- Have been told that you have inhibitors to von Willebrand factor (because VONVENDI may not work for you).
- Have been told that you have inhibitors to blood coagulation factor VIII.